Re: http://security.debian.org - down?

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 09:51, Maria Rodriguez wrote:
> Am I the only one who is having difficulties reaching security.debian.org?  I manage a few Debian machines here in Florida as well as Southern Georgia and all of them seem to be timing out when trying to reach that server:
>
> Err http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main Packages
>   Could not connect to security.debian.org:80 (194.109.137.218), connection timed out
>
> That appears to be klecker.debian.org which isn't currently responding to pings, which in itself isn't scary, but it looks as though it may have been inaccessible for a few days now.
>
> Does anyone know what's going on?

An announcement was sent to debian-news@lists.debian.org at 8:54 PST
this morning.

--

Yesterday around 15:00 UTC we the host klecker.debian.org crashed.
Unfortunately, it didn't react on the serial console and to a remotely

The following services are affected by this downtime:

security.debian.org

    The public security archive.  As a temporary solution, please
    switch to <http://ftp.rfc822.org/debian-security/> instead.

<snip>

- Jon

--