updates to the apt keys?

Assume it's the end of 2007 and etch has been out for a while. Also
assume that etch uses APT 0.6, which features archive signatures. In
January 2008, the FTP masters publish a new key to the web, the
keyrings, and the debian-keyring package, and start signing the
archive with that key from now on. Are security updates now signed
with the 2008 key, or will there be separate key for the security
team? If the former, how do we get the 2008 key onto users' stable
systems from 2007?

Thanks,

`. `'`