PHP Worm

I hope I am sending this to the right list :)

Today I read about a new Networm, see more here:

I then proceed to check what phpbb.com has to say
about this and I find this:

I am running Debian Stable with a few packages from Testing.
But the stable version has a old PHP version as we can see here

But is this version safe anyway because of the [Security] update,
I assume it means it has a security update. Or should I fetch the
latest version from the unstable version to be safe from this worm?

Best regards:
Dane Johansson