Re: TCP SYN packets which have the FIN flag set.

Hi!

On Friday 05 November 2004 12:27, Baruch Even wrote:
> > iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
> > iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL SYN -j ACCEPT
>
> Please dont do that!

> You can use SYN,ACK,FIN,RST SYN to check for illegal flags.

Shouldn't

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state INVALID -j DROP

as the _first_ rule take care of all packages with illegal flags?
Unfortunately, I haven't found any documentation what exactly is
considered INVALID. Anybody?

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Technische Universitaet Muenchen   Raum:   1131
Physik-Department T39              Tel.:   089/289-12197