A tripwire annoyance

I've been running tripwire on a particular server
for some years and finally got annoyed at skimming through
the large reports, so I began an update... After 24 hours
I thought it was hung and killed it. I restarted it
with verbose and found that it is indeed working. And
just for the hell of it, I've left it running to see
how long it would take.

It has been running for 10 days now, and almost entirely
within the /var/log/snort directory. Has anyone else
had problems with tripwire and snort together on a
box on an ISP backbone (ie lots of snort files)?

I've been considering stopping it and fiddling with
the config, but first... I'm curious if I am alone in
this problem.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"