[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: wget for sarge update

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 02:59:13PM +0200, Noèl Köthe wrote:
> wget <= 1.9.1-4 (which is in sarge and frozen) had a security problem
> (#261755) which is fixed in -6 and -7 (right now in incoming). -5 had
> the first fixing patch but was not multibyte aware (#271931).
> Jan Minar <jjminar fastmail.fm> wrote the fixing patches (Thanks!).
> Upstream author doesn't respond to this and other things/mails since
> weeks so right now he is MIA.:(
> If you (release and security team) don't have any objections I will
> upload -7 to testing-proposed-updates in the next 2 days.

You don't have to do that. t-p-u is currently only used if the package
in unstable differs from the proposed t-p-u upload or if the package
build against unstable couldn't go to testing due to dependencies
(e.g. KDE packages). Otherwise just wait until wget is ready and is only
blocked by the freeze and then ask the RMs to hint it through.

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: