Re: telnetd vulnerability from BUGTRAQ

--- Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> wrote:
> I know I will open a can of worms here, but telnet might actually be
> better solution than ssh if you are using IPSec. I would say IPSec
> obsoletes ssh in favour of telnet.

The reasoning behind using ssh, even when using IPSec, is a simple
matter of having Security in Layers. This is the choice that you make,
but personally, I would rather a cracker have to go through the center
of the earth to get to my network, rather than crashing through another entrance...

=====
-"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."-Dennis Ritchie