Re: Spyware / Adware

Hello Dave!

	As I see there is a lot of very deep answers, regarding issue. But from
regular user point of view, there is NO COMPARISION between windoze and
Linux in area of security. I'm working with Linux since 1994, for last
3-4 years I'm working ONLY with Linux (Debian unstable).
I think that I'm allowed to say that I have expirience with Linux. And
belive me or not: I have never seen any virus, adware, spyware or trojan
on my machine. I've notified 2 serious attcks from intruders to one of
my publicly available servers - but they failed. It NEVER happends to my
workstation.
So Dave, you can be really sure, that you can forget about such
problems. Of course the others talking about risks have right. There is
a risk. And of course there is a risk that on sunny day you will be
hitted by lighting. The question is scale.
My friend, has installed some time ago fresh Windows 2000 on public
server as an experiment. After one night, there was about 100MB of new
software installed on this machine with 100% CPU load.
You can install Debian on any public machine, and after few months there
will be no new software, no new users, and 0% of CPU load.

So good luck!

Jarek