Re: Strange problem with mail...

Resending to correct address this time - list sender gets me every damn time.

>>> http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/archives/linux-il/01-2004/8144.html
>>> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2003-Jul/1178.html
>>

>> You may be right. I thought ReiserFS-Bugs in that way are relicts from the dark age of 2.4... >> However - failed memory allocation can also be a sympton of an exploit trying to access memory he shouldn't do ,)
>

> In this case, though, I think spamassassin was sparking OOM problems
> scanning an oversized email header block.  How exim wrote all those
> headers is another question, though - it shouldn't be doing that,
> I wouldn't think.

I've seen similar headers from exim (woody) where a bounce was trying to be delivered where the MX records pointed to 0.0.0.0 or something similar (don't recall exactly). Setting "ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8 : 0.0.0.0/8" helped in that case though, having had a quick look, it doesn't seem to be the case here.

I do suspect some simliar loop though.

Ronny
--
Technical Director