Re: MD5 collisions found - alternative?

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 at 10:50:38AM -0400, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> Be aware that this sort of technique "multi-encryption" technique can
> lead to significant exposures when applied to traditional crypto; it can
> produce results that allow a vastly simpler attack on the protected
> information.
>
> I would not put my name to a recommendation about how to make a
> cryptographic product or protocol "more secure" unless I had sufficient
> background in the area to know the full implications of my recommended
> actions.

If I understand your postulate correctly:

If I, the user, encrypt a message with algorithm X and the cipher text
is intercepted by the attacker.  The attacker can make his chances of
brute forcing the text BETTER by encrypting my cipher text with algorithm
Y.  This simply does not hold up.

--
Phillip Hofmeister