JavaScript and Cookies enabled in Browser

I was recently in a meeting where members of the IT group propose to use a utility called WebEx to perform remote compiles.  Webex offers SSL encrypted transfers and the ability to offer only selected members to the meeting (remote compile in this case) and offers the transfers over https (port 443).   The issue I see with this approach is that WebEx uses a browser interface that requires the browser to have Java Script and Cookies enabled.  I have always been under the impression that those two items were considerable security issues.  Does anyone know of any URL's or downloadable papers that will strengthen my argument against this approach?   I believe a VPN solution to be more appropriate, but am being told that the WebEx approach is more secure.  If anyone knows a reason that this approach is secure, please advise also.  Thanks

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.