Re: Advice needed, trying to find the vulnerable code on Debian webserver.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya
>
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, TiM wrote:
>

> > Look at installing mod_security, http://modsecurity.org
> >
> > Install some rules for it to harden your webserver, see if anything is
> > flagged in the security log.
>
> other web server testing tools
> 	http://www.linux-sec.net/Web/#Testing

Has anyone actually used any of these to find the vulnerabilities that
are being discussed? A lot of what is listed on this page are
commercial offerings, so I haven't tried them, but a couple I did try
against a site that was having similar problems, and I couldn't get
any of them to find the problem that is being discussed here.

micah