Re: Spam fights

[snip]
> If CR systems get popular then spammers will start replying to the
> messages. Most spammers have working email addresses, so it would not be
> difficult to automate a response to a CR system.  Any CR system which just
> requires that you "reply to this email" will be trivially broken by
> spammers.
[snip]

You are right in everything except the tense - it's already happening.
I've had friends that use the CR systems reporting that spammers did reply
to their challenges. Apparently this is done by the "put your computer to
work" victims that spam from their home accounts sometimes even w/o the full
understanding of what they're doing.