unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Zimmerman [mailto:mdz@alcor.net] On Behalf Of Matt Zimmerman
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 12:23 PM
To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: security@debian.org

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 02:42:59AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> Has security@debian.org been directed away from debian-private?  It's
> probably a good move.  In the past, the old setup resulted in some
> confusion because submitters usually do not expect that security@ is read
> by all people in the organization. 8-)

Yes, see Steve's reply.  This was done for exactly that reason.

> Does this mean that security vulnerabilities are no longer to be discussed
> on debian-private (which seems to have happened accidentally in the past)?

I don't see any reason why it should be forbidden; if it is important for
some reason that a large number of Debian developers be informed about a
vulnerability, then that could happen via debian-private.

In general, though, discussions about vulnerabilities take place between the
package maintainer, upstream and the security team.

--
 - mdz