Re: Major TCP Vulnerability

Phillip Hofmeister <plhofmei@zionlth.org> writes:

> This article isn't anything I am going to loose sleep over.  Any mission
> critical long term TCP connections over an untrusted network (The
> Internet) should already be using IPSec.

Core routers usually don't have the CPU power to run IPsec (yes, it
sounds ridiculous, but it's mostly that way).

However, I agree that this won't have much impact on the network as a
whole. The emergency reconfiguration that took place during the past
weeks (and which is being touted by the media as a prudent
countermeasure) caused more large-scale destabilization than future
attacks. 8-(

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, postino.it, tiscali.co.uk,