syslog.conf question

Hi!

I'm trying to exclude my mailsystem's logs from the /var/log/syslog
file. I've changed this line in /etc/syslog.conf:
*.*;auth,authpriv.none  -/var/log/syslog

to:

*.*;auth,authpriv.none;mail.!*  -/var/log/syslog

After this, I have the mail log lines:

mail.*                          -/var/log/mail/mail.log
mail.info                       -/var/log/mail/mail.info
mail.warn                       -/var/log/mail/mail.warn
mail.err                        -/var/log/mail/mail.err

But if I change the syslog line, then the mail system doesn't log
anywhere. And if I switch it back, then it will log to the syslog and
the /var/log/mail/ dir too. What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA