Re: Server slowdown...

Le 12519ième jour après Epoch,
Jaroslaw Tabor écrivait:

> Hello!
>
> 	I''ve strange problem with one of my servers. From time to time (once
> per 2-3 months), something strange happends, and server starts working
> very slow. What is strange, CPU load (from top) is about 5%, but
> response time for network services is extremly high. Usually gives
> timeout.
> 	After reboot, everything is working perfect. The question is where to
> start investigation. Can someone suggest some tool, to record statistics
> of CPU, Network, IO(drives) in correlation with processes ?
> Due to the fact, that problem occurs for all services, I suspect kernel
> (2.2.26) problem, but how to extract it?
> I see that 2.2.27pre1 has some fixes for tcp keepalive bug, and tcp seq
> nr wrapping bug. Can it be related ?

Check memory usage, and swap usage. Check cpu usage on System side
rather than user.

Slowdown of you system can be caused by swap, or by memory used by
some processes.

Check response time of other processes, like ls or find for disk
usage, or others for memory/cpu usage.

--
Nice boy, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
		-- Foghorn Leghorn