Re: how to check bind9 chroot

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 11:32:09PM +0000, Brian Brazil wrote:
I assume you meant chown, not chmod but what I said holds.

mkdir /LFS
chroot /LFS	#Pretend there's a shell etc.
chown -R 0.0 * .* #There were some dotfiles

This resulted in my entire directory structure being owned by root -
which broke quite a bit of stuff. Came across a reference a few months
ago indicating this was the 'correct' behaviour for Linux.

Why on earth would you believe otherwise?

Mike Stone