Re: how to check bind9 chroot

I forgot to mention that /var/lib/bind9 is the chroot'ed directory

On 26/03/04 19:53, Costas Magkos wrote:

Hi all,

I have set up bind9 in a chroot'ed enviroment. I've just found out that I should have added SYSLOGD="-a /var/lib/bind9/dev/log" in /etc/init.d/sysklogd in order for bind to be able to log messages after it starts up. Since bind was logging just fine without this addition in sysklogd startup script, I' m beggining to have doubts about the fuctionality of the chroot.

Is there a way to test whether a chroot works? Does anyone know if the above syslog option is really needed? According to the man page of syslog it is needed.

Thanks in advance

~kmag

Costas Magkos
Internet Systematics Lab