Known vulnerabilities left open in Debian?

	There is a \begin{sarcasm} nice \end{sarcasm} article in
linuxworld Australia (see
http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1607539824;fp;2;fpid;1) which,
among other things, claims that "Debian (Debian GNU/Linux) has left
vulnerabilities there and didn't release any patches for them". While I
can be sympathetic with Symantec people, who need to sell anti-virus
software for a living and hence need to prove its sore need for whatever
OS one may run, if I were in the Debian Security Team I would definitely
be pissed off by something like this, and would release a harsh statement,
based on hard facts, to counter this FUD.

whaddyathink?

bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)