Re: arpwatch and arp packets ...urgent

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:32:00AM +0100, m wrote:
> I want to be able to set public IP's for computers in LAN. Is any
> other solution ? I dont know about it - if you so - please let me know
> :)

Have you tried explicit routing entries for the IPs in question? I'm not
too sure if this actually works, but if eth1 is the interface on your
router which is connected to 192.168.0.0/24 and you want to pass on packets
for 1.2.3.4 to eth1, use this on your router:

  route add -host 1.2.3.4 dev eth0

This assumes that packets destined for 1.2.3.4 are sent to your router, and
that one host in your LAN is configured to the address 1.2.3.4.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯