Re: cflows and debian

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 02:22:02PM +1100, Ralph Jenkin wrote:
>I don't know of any cflowd packages, but from what I can tell cflowd is dead
>(or at least quite dormant) upstream (last release Oct 2000).
>
>When I was last monitoring flow data we changed over the software from cflowd
>to flow-tools, which is packaged in sarge/sid these days. This was mostly
>because cflowd had some bugs which presented themselves when used in
>combination with flowscan (a nifty flow analysing tool which is packaged for
>sid), and in lieu of any kind of fix in cflowd, flowscan's author recommended
>using flow-tools.

I've debian packages for fprobe [0], flow-tools [1] and flowscan [2].
Please feel free to contribute patches to improve them. Bug reports are
also welcome.

>That said, I'm not sure if flow-tools can be made to do the flow aggregation
>that cflowd performs, so this may not be of much use to you.
>
>Googling about it looks like Chris Cheney was talking about packaging arts++
>and cflowd, but given he's now up to his armpits in maintaining KDE packages
>I guess that's probably not going to happen.
>
>I'll stop rambling now I think...
>
>On Monday February 9 2004 11:12, Dale Amon wrote:
>> Does anyone know where I can find a cflowd package?

Sure. See fprobe [0], flow-tools [1] and flowscan [2].

[0] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/fprobe
[1] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/flow-tools
[2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/flowscan

>> --
>>    Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
>>        International linux systems consultancy
>>      Hardware & software system design, security
>>     and networking, systems programming and Admin
>> 	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800