Re: Firewall: Need Advice

Le sam 07/02/2004 à 14:10, E&Erdem a écrit :
> 07-02-2004 - 14:01 SLeiBt:
> Here is my /etc/init.d/iptables file. I could't understand it.
>
> And when i try /etc/init.d/iptables save active it gives an error:
> There is no file or directory /var/lib/iptables/active
>
> "Savinging iptables ruleset: save "active" with
> counters/etc/init.d/iptables: line 66: /var/lib/iptables/active"

On the surface, it looks like mine... But I discovered that on one of my
machines (one which doesn't act as a firewall), I could get that same
type of error (although it says line 65 for some reason). On that
machine, there is no "iptables" directory in /var/lib.

I'd say this should be created when installing whatever packet iptables
is in, but well. mkdir /var/lib/iptables and you should be in business.

I'd say this directory would be ok being owned by root & with 700
rights.

Regards,

Sebastien

PS: about this directory being missing... Anybody thinks I should fill a
smallish bug for that? Running unstable with numerous upgrades almost
each day...