Re: Encrypted backups

Hello,

Here's something I like:

- make sure your kernel support encrypted loopback & your encryption of choice
- configure a crypto loop to your tape device

losetup -e twofish /dev/loop0 /dev/nst0

- backup or restore as usual, using /dev/loop0 as a tape device
- unconfigure the loop

losetup -d /dev/loop0

It's kernel-side, very simple, and sould be fast enough...

Bill