Re: Q. Should one mirror debian.security.org? Good or Bad Idea?

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:45:22AM -0500, Walter Tautz wrote:
>just wondering if this would be a good idea. We currently have
>>80 machines that do an update once a day on this host so
>I think it may be a good idea to mirror the archive locally, say
>once a day via rsync?

The Nov ?? Deb weekly news contained:

Debian Package Caching. Jonathan Oxer [11]wrote about caching Debian
packages in order to save bandwidth when updating or installing
multiple Debian machines. The [12]apt-cacher utility was originally
written by Nick Andrew to maintain two Debian systems over a slow
modem connection. It runs as CGI program and only needs to be set up
on one machine.

 11. http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=451
 12. http://packages.debian.org/apt-cacher

Haven't tried it yet.

Regards,
// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027    <IXOYE><
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org