Re: Will 2.4.20 Source be patched for the latest kernel vulnerability?

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 11:27:45PM +0100, Adam ENDRODI wrote:
> Little details of a system are subject to change and my
> observation is that the more you customize the more likely
> you'll end up in trouble.  Clearly, in my case with my little
> changes I diverge from the Debian (and likely other) standards
> more than the automatic install scripts could tolerate.

I've found that cfengine2 is a reasonable way to handle
a lot of these problems. I to a debian upgrade and my
my cfengine2 scripts run off daemon or cron.d within
minutes and "fix" whatever debian packages have done
that I don't like.

I've also got another approach I'm working that relies
on specially burned locked down update images on CD.
That way the debian package upgrade never need occur
on the actual appliance.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"