Re: When will kernel-image-2.4.23 be available ?

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Jan H. van Gils wrote:

> After some research a found that kernel-image-2.4.18 is patched
> regarding the security problem with the kernel.
>
> I am wonder when kernel 2.4.23 wil be available as a packages for sarge ?

Nobody knows for sure, but the things which should happen, in order, are:

(1) The upload queue is reopened.
(2) The maintainer uploads the packages for unstable.
(3) The packages propagates from unstable (sid) to testing (sarge).

Except for (1), this has been, almost always, the path for security
upgrades to enter testing.