Re: development of sarge

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 06:42, ken@fiona-victor.com wrote:
> Hi. Does the attack on the servers and the work that has to be done related to
> the attack, slow down the development of Sarge very much?

Certainly by at least a week. After all, we are without the testing
scripts running for a week now. And several important members of the
Debian community have had a lot of their time occupied.

Oh, yeah, and there's that local root exploit to find. It seems that not
much is going to happen until that is found and patched.

>  I hope the focus is
> also on developing new software and not just running a round full of paranoia.

When its been demonstrated that you have a unknown, serious security
problem, a round of paranoia is deserved until it is found.