What's the best for VPN?

Hi.

I am in the way to secure all my connections with my office server with
an VPN and I'd like to know what methond do you think is the best choice
for that, IPsec, cipe...

The thing is that I run a laptop from different places, so different IP
addresses, with a 2.6.0 kernel and the server is running 2.4.22 with an
static IP.

Is it possible to use IPsec with that configuration using Opportunistic
Encryption?.

Thank you in advance :)
--
teo