authentication in ssh

How can I tell sshd to only accept a particular authentication
method for some users, while letting others to use any methods
they wish?

One of our servers has two kinds of users: a group of
low-privileged ones and a few power users.  The former class
may choose to log in by providing his password, but I want the
latter to use his private key, which I consider a more secure
alternative.  On the other hand, they need to retain their unix
password, so I cannot just fill that with garbage.

I've looked at the recent openssh sources but it didn't seem
to support this kind of distinction.  One possibility I can
think of is PAM, but I don't know which module to use.

bit,
adam

--
1024D/37B8D989 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622  82DD 54C2 843D 37B8 D989
finger://borso@vekoll.vein.hu | Some days, my soul's confined