Re: SYN rate statistics.

In article <[🔎] 13472260484.20031106110909@ibd.ru> you wrote:
> How  to determine normal/peak rate of packets with SYN to my debian box, for using this value
> in iptables limit match.

A method is adding multiple limited accept routes with logging, then you can
do a binary search. Another thing is to run a connection logger like tcpspy
or argus, which can output one record for each connection. Or you simply run
tcpdump. The problem is however, to guess how the kernel is measuring, but
if you add some security, then you can do a rough estimate.

Greetings
Bernd
--
eckes privat - http://www.eckes.org/