Re: Man-db problem

root@Oneil:~# if [ -x /usr/bin/mandb ]; then
>     # --pidfile /dev/null so it always starts; mandb isn't really a
>     # but we want to start it like one.
>     start-stop-daemon --start --pidfile /dev/null \
>                                                 --startas
>                                                 /usr/bin/mandb
>                                                 --oknodo --chuid man \
>                                                         -- --no-purge
> fi
Processing manual pages under /usr/man...
Checking for stray cats under /usr/man...
Checking for stray cats under /var/cache/man/fsstnd...
Processing manual pages under /usr/share/man...
Checking for stray cats under /usr/share/man...
Checking for stray cats under /var/cache/man...
Processing manual pages under /usr/local/man...
Checking for stray cats under /usr/local/man...
Checking for stray cats under /var/cache/man/oldlocal...
Processing manual pages under /usr/X11R6/man...
Checking for stray cats under /usr/X11R6/man...
Checking for stray cats under /var/cache/man/X11R6...
0 man subdirectories contained newer manual pages.
0 manual pages were added.
0 stray cats were added.
root@Oneil:~#

I believe the bug you decribe was fixed is a subsequent DSA release.

--
Phillip Hofmeister

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/