Re: evolution

Pn, 2003-06-27 05:59, Jean Christophe ANDRÉ rašė:
> Matt Zimmerman écrivait :
> > > There are a LOT of connetcions: ~700 in a 5 minutes. I did not find any
> > > configuration options with that hosts.  What could it be?
> > This is surely an evolution "feature" where it means to provide you with
> > news and information.
>
> I would call this a "pain" instead of a "feature"...
> 700 connections in 5 minutes is more than 2 in 1 second...
> I thought "modern programers" of "modern software" (say evolution)
> knew about twicing waiting time between each connection failure...
>
> J.C.

Thats the best answer :-)))) As far as I know evolution has no
configuration of proxy for WEB connection. So it very diligent tries
show me stupid pictures about "enlarge your..." and so on, but without
success. Hmmm, not bad. It's like kind of spam filter ;-)))))

I'm kidding of course. Thanks to all for your answers. Now I configured
evolution  download pictures from WEB only if sender is in my address
book, and try all traffic going out of my box with destination port 80
redirect to our proxy.

And maybe somebody knows how to force evolution use proxy another (not
transparent) way?