Re: Default Apache install not fit for multiple domains/users

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 at 05:02:41PM +0200, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> does it work without problems with php? if you use as cgi-variant?
> Think I tried this some time ago and ran into some probllems. Does it
> work for your setup? How?

Here is the caviot: the O/S does not recognize extensions.  To solve
this problem:

1. Include a SHEBANG line on line 1 of your script (#!/bin/interpreter).

OR

2. Compile your kernel for MISC Binary support and tell the O/S that all
applications ending in .php should be interpreted by a given
interpreter.

2 is likely the cleanest implementation if you have existing scripts.
Let me know if you have problems with the misc binary.

--
Phillip Hofmeister

PGP/GPG Key:
http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/
wget -O - http://www.zionlth.org/~plhofmei/key.txt | gpg --import
--
Excuse #165: Quantum dynamics are affecting the transistors