Re: Is this an obsolete tiger file?

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 02:41:44AM +0000, Dale Amon wrote:
> chkrootkit finds this file:
>
> Searching for suspicious files and dirs, it may take a while...
> /usr/lib/tiger/bin/.bintype
>
> which appears to be quite old. Is this just a leftover
> from a long ago tiger? It only contains "Linux 2.2.17 2001"
> and appears on several systems looking the same. It isn't
> in the tiger.list file.

This file is created by tiger's buildbins (look in the util/ dir) which is
called by /usr/lib/tiger/bin/config which is called by tiger itself. It
just gets created once when you build the binaries. However, you should not
have built the binaries (since they are already provided compiled).

You can remove it, I wonder how it got created, however.

Regards

Javi