Re: determining which patches to apply...

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 07:19:35PM -0000, David Ramsden wrote:
> [...]

How about:  dpkg -l libc6

> > and how do I know which 'fix' I should apply? I'm generally good, when
> it's
> > something like apache, php, mysql as I know I have it installed. But for
> > things like vulnerabilities in glibc. (or other library's) how do you tell
> > if you have it or not?
> >
> [snip]
>
> This is the beauty of apt-get - It'll take care of everything for you.
> Here is what I suggest...
> Make sure you have the following in /etc/apt/source.list:
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

The original poster indicated that they were running potato.  They should
put the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security oldstable/updates main contrib non-free

Note that security updates for potato are scheduled to end (June?).