secure documents - Was: db2 and Debian

Hi!

* Tom Panning <tpanning@vt.edu> [20030312 03:13]:
> Solicitor/lawyer deposits a sensitive document on a "server" and only
> select ppl whom that lawyer selects can access or download that
> document. It must be secure, auditable and keep lawyers happy!

well, in case you don't trust https et all, use gnupg, combining pgp
symmetric encryption for the content, asymmetric encryption for
distribution of the symmetric key to selected people, and pgp
timestamping/logging of hash sums for auditing, combined with a nice
(web)frontend in php/perl/whatever ..

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - ICQ: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
Unser Leben ist das, wozu unser Denken es macht. -- OpenPGP key 0x8F94C228