Re: Permissions on /root/

Birzan George Cristian wrote:

> The fact that it shouldn't be used for storing any dangerous information
> doesn't mean it's not being used for that.

If it shouldn't be used so, but it is being used so on a particular
machine, then that machine's admin is at fault.

> What I am asking, in case my original mail wasn't clear enough, is why
> _shouldn't_ it be 750 or 700 by default?

No, at this point, the question is, why should it be changed? We have an
established default of 755. You're asking for a change, but you have no
convincing argument supporting the change. Therefore, no change.

Craig