Re: [work] Integrity of Debian packages

In article <[🔎] 3E680221.8040302@freeportway.com> gary@freeportway.com writes:
>If the FBI has the power, time and energy to install a proxy between my
>router
>and my ISP to spoof a package host (i.e. security.debian.org) just to
>root my servers, then they
>are clearly a heck of lot more "geeky" than I thought.  Hell, why go
>through that trouble,
>why not just grab my traffic and sniff all my packet's... sheesh.  If
>they can spoof a proxy
>on me, then they certianly can put a line sniffer between me and my
>ISP... isn't that
>easier?!?!

No need to put it between, their packet sniffer is already in place at
your ISP.  Please read about CARNIVORE, which made many news headlines
before 9/11/01.  It hasn't gone away, the news media just shut up
about it.  (If you're outside of the USA, the CIA has been doing more
for longer, but it doesn't make the news as much.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html