Re: HTTP tunnel with linux server and windows client

hey there

On Monday 03 March 2003 3:30 pm, Ant wrote:
> Hello ,
> Is there is any software to bypass http proxy
>
> <Win Client> ------- <HTTP Proxy> --{Inet} -----<Some Linux Software>
>
> and win client after such proceess could work with any TCP/IP Services.
>
> Some kind of pptp via http $-).

if the proxy allows ssl tunneling, then quite possibly...
a friend wrote such a program to allow it
http://www.r00t3d.org.uk/bin/
contains links to the binaries for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris.
(with sparc binaries for solaris and linux as well as x86).

its simple enough to use, with the following doing what you want to do:

Redirect With SSL Tunnelling

./bouncer --port 2222 --destination host.company.net:22 --tunnel
proxy.home.net:80 --bind 192.168.0.1

which would provided the proxy can reach host.company.net on port 22, allow
you to ssh to your debian box with something like ssh -P 2222 localhost :)
(or if from windows, use putty..)

alternatively, it supports socks5 https tunneling:

Socks 5 Server With SSL Tunnelling

./bouncer --port 1080 --socks5 --tunnel webproxy.company.net:80

most programs which use tcp can be encapsulated within sock5.
NEC (I think) wrote a neat program called sockscap I think.

thanks

Andy