Re: question about SSH / IPTABLES

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Jean Christophe ANDRÉ wrote:

> But far more secure : apt-cache show kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity

This is a real solution, but it takes quite a bit of effort to configure
things right. I investigated it some time ago but after a little bit of
fiddling I realized it would take a lot of work to a) add all the rules
needed for my computer to do all the legitimate things I needed and b)
tune them so that nothing else is allowed. Then, out of laziness, I gave
it up, but I was impressed, and will surely do it, should I really need
it.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)