Re: suspicious smbd connections

On Wednesday, 24 December 2003, at 15:33:54 +0100,
outsider wrote:

> But I have a dynamic IP. Every time I boot my system I get another
> IP-address.

There is no end of viruses, worms, and people with too much free time
and too little brain under their hulls out there. So having a dynamic IP
address is in no way equivalent to "scan free" or "intrussion attempt
free". It just makes people interested in breaking into your boxes more
difficult to know your IP address of the day, but automated viruses,
worms and such will cover the whole Internet address space whether you
want it or not :-(

Greetings.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0)