Re: Q. Should one mirror debian.security.org? Good or Bad Idea?

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:45:22AM -0500, Walter Tautz wrote:
> just wondering if this would be a good idea. We currently have
> >80 machines that do an update once a day on this host so
> I think it may be a good idea to mirror the archive locally, say
> once a day via rsync?

  The way that I do this is to setup a copy of squid and then
 make apt go via the proxy; this allows all the updated lists
 and deb's to be cached locally.

  You could do something similar with 'apt-cacher', or
 'apt-proxy' without the need to do any explicit mirroring.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project
http://www.steve.org.uk/Debian/