Re: Will 2.4.20 Source be patched for the latest kernel vulnerability?

Well the thing about Debian kernel source is they
incorporate more than just security patches into their
source.  For example if you download red hat source
you get many performance patches etc. as well as any
security patches that are available.  To find all
these
patches and apply does take some time, more so than
just downloading source from the ftp site and make
oldconfig, make-kpkg, dpkg -i kernel-image.  I don't
mind experimenting around with kernel source on my
personal machines but on machines that can't really
afford to be down at all producing an unstable kernel
is not good.  This is why I like to stay a level or
two back with the kernel with backported security
fixes.  Just my 2 cents.