bridge firewall with kernel 2.4.22

I have compiled kernel 2.4.22 for bridge and iptables support.

Bridge is working ok but Layer 3 packets are only processed if they are addressed to bridge box ip address interface.

hostA --------------Bridgebox-------------------------Router------------Remote locations

hostA ip address

BridgeBox ip addres

Router ip address

Remote locations ip addres Any

If I write a rule into the bridgebox to deny all forwarding traffic for Any destination, and  router ip addres as hostA default gateway. Packets are not processed by bridge box and are routed by router

If the same rule is written with bridge box as hostA default gateway works ok

I would like bridegebox process all ip traffic throught it