Re: getting started with SELinux

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 03:03:08AM -0800, Forrest L Norvell wrote:
>     I know I'm not the first person to encounter this error, because I

Yes, I'm working through some of these issues with
Russell as we speak. There are errors in
/etc/mkinitrd/scripts/selinux which builds the initrd
file.

Also, there are version problems you have to deal with.
I use this /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release l=etbe
Pin-Priority: 1200

Package: *
Pin: release o=walters
Pin-Priority: 1100

and this /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.coker.com.au/newselinux/ ./
deb http://web.verbum.org/debian/ ./experimental/
deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free

to get the correct login program. Others are using a pam
library solution, but that currently requires manual
intervention to install it: you have to edit two of
the pam.d files and add a line.

You really should be asking this on the selinux list
rather than debian security.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"