Re: kind of virtual server

You might check out the vserver package. It uses kernel-patch-ctx to create a virtual server environment that is chroot'd as well as isolated in its own security context.

--John

LeVA wrote:

Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 10:43:52 +0100
From: LeVA <leva@fbi.hu>
To: Debian-Security <debian-security@lists.debian.org>
Subject: kind of virtual server

Hello!

Is it possible to make some kind of a little virtual server inside a
debian box? I want to run a separate sshd (for example on port 2222),
and when someone connects to it, it reads the passwd file, and the
shadow file from a different directory than /etc (for example
/users/etc). And under that /users dir there will be another home dir
for the users, who connects to the 2222 port, and a separate /bin and so
on. I thought that I could make this with installing everything (sshd,
apache, etc...) undert that /users dir, and after that I'm chrooting to
/users. But how can I setup debian to read a different shadow/passwd
file right after the connection (not after chrooting to /users/).

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA