Re: group video access hazards?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:12, Tom Goulet (UID0) wrote:
> I'm curious what a malicious user could do with access to the
> framebuffer device via the </dev/fb0> device file.  Could a malicious
> user see anything other than what's on his or her virtual console or X
> session?

A malicious user who logs in via ssh can see the virtual console of whoever is
running X or a VT login.  fbgrab is a good example program.

Such a malicious user could also display arbitary data on the screen.  This
couldn't be used for a login: prompt (no keyboard access), but could be used
to mislead the user as to what program they are really communicating with.