Need advise aobut allowing only sftp on woody

Hi

I want to allow a lot of users to be able to upload/download fies, with the
following restrictions:

1. encrypted (ssh/ssl)
2. key based authentication, no password!!!
3. preferebly without the option for login (if used with scp, sftp)
4. chroot

The obvious way was using sftp, but woody doesn't have 'rssh' and I don't
want to start migrating unstable packages (to build rssh I need a higher
version of ssh then woody has), this is supposed to be a busy production
server. I can't afford bugs, etc...

in the worst case I'll make a chroot enviroment and allow ssh (with logins)
but I was wondering if there's a better way?

thanx
--
Haim