Re: Verisign again...

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 12:50:13AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for some seconds I have tried to access the following Link:
>
>     http://www.uni-bilefeld.de/~gsauthoff/mailfilterrc
>
> and was on Verisign.com. So Verising catch not only .com and .net,
> but de and fr too !!!

 Is your web browser, or your resolver, appending .com or .net onto domains
that don't exist as typed?  I hate how news.com has *.com.com, so a typo
takes you to some crappy website.  (I guess verisign screwed them over too.)

llama]~$ host www.uni-bilefeld.de
www.uni-bilefeld.de does not exist, try again

> The right Link is
>
>     http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/~gsauthoff/mailfilterrc
> 		     ^
> and was misspelled by me.

llama]~$ host www.uni-bielefeld.de
www.uni-bielefeld.de    CNAME   pan1.hrz.uni-bielefeld.de
pan1.hrz.uni-bielefeld.de       A       129.70.4.66

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)